~ Submission ~
* Job 22:21 - "Submit thyself then to Him (to God), and be at peace: and thereby thou shalt have the best fruits."
* Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) 51:34 -- "And submit your neck to the yoke, and let your soul receive discipline: for she is near at hand to be found."
* Romans 13:1 -- "Let every soul be subject to higher powers: for there is no power but from God: and those that are, are ordained of God."
* Ephesians 5:22-25; 33 -- "Let women be subject to their husbands, as to the Lord: Because the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the church. He is the saviour of his body. Therefore as the church is subject to Christ, so also let the wives be to their husbands in all things. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ also loved the church, and delivered himself up for it... Nevertheless let every one of you in particular love his wife as himself: and let the wife fear her husband."
* Colossians 3:18 -- "Wives, be subject to your husbands, as it behoveth in the Lord."
* 1 Peter 3: 1 -- "In like manner also let wives be subject to their husbands: that if any believe not the word, they may be won without the word, by the conversation of the wives."
* 1 Peter 3:6 -- "As Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters you are, doing well, and not fearing any disturbance."
* Romans 7:2 -- "For the woman that hath an husband, whilst her husband liveth is bound to the law. But if her husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband."
1 Corinthians 7:34 -- "And the unmarried woman and the virgin thinketh on the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she that is married thinketh on the things of the world, how she may please her husband."
Titus 2:4-5 -- "That they (older Christian women) may teach the young women to be wise, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, sober, having a care of the house, gentle, obedient to their husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
~ Discipline ~
* Psalms 2:12 -- "Embrace discipline, lest at any time the Lord be angry, and you perish from the just way."
* Psalms 17:36 -- "And thou hast given me the protection of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath held me up: And thy discipline hath corrected me unto the end: and thy discipline, the same shall teach me."
* Psalms 118:66 -- "Teach me goodness and discipline and knowledge; for I have believed thy commandments."
* Wisdom 3:11 -- "For he that rejecteth wisdom, and discipline, is unhappy: and their hope is vain, and their labours without fruit, and their works unprofitable."
* Wisdom 6:19 -- "And the care of discipline is love: and love is the keeping of her laws: and the keeping of her laws is the firm foundation of incorruption:"
* Ecclesiasticus 1:34 -- "For the fear of the Lord is wisdom and discipline: and that which is agreeable to him,"
* Ecclesiasticus 16:24 -- "Hearken to me, my son, and learn the discipline of understanding, and attend to my words in thy heart."
* Ecclesiasticus 26: 17 -- "Her discipline is the gift of God."
* Ecclesiasticus 32:18 -- "He that feareth the Lord, will receive his discipline: and they that will seek him early, shall find a blessing."
* Phillipians 4:8 -- "For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline, think on these things."
* Hebrews 12: 5-15 -- "And you have forgotten the consolation, which speaketh to you, as unto children, saying: My son, neglect not the discipline of the Lord; neither be thou wearied whilst thou art rebuked by him. For whom the Lord loveth, he chastiseth; and he scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. Persevere under discipline. God dealeth with you as with his sons; for what son is there, whom the father doth not correct? But if you be without chastisement, whereof all are made partakers, then are you bastards, and not sons. Moreover we have had fathers of our flesh, for instructors, and we reverenced them: shall we not much more obey the Father of spirits, and live? And they indeed for a few days, according to their own pleasure, instructed us: but he, for our profit, that we might receive his sanctification. Now all chastisement for the present indeed seemeth not to bring with it joy, but sorrow: but afterwards it will yield, to them that are exercised by it, the most peaceable fruit of justice. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, And make straight steps with your feet: that no one, halting, may go out of the way; but rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness: without which no man shall see God. Looking diligently, lest any man be wanting to the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up do hinder, and by it many be defiled."
~ Submission ~